The UBC Arts Co-op Program offers students enriched educational experiences for personal and professional growth by working with diverse community partners and sectors to provide transformative workplace learning.
The UBC Arts Co-op Program aims to:
- Provide students with the support and opportunities for career exploration, and diversification of experience and skill sets
- Develop skilled professionals who can strengthen the workforce in new and innovative ways
- Enable students to be engaged citizens who contribute positively to a global society
- Build student capacity for leadership
- Foster student and alumni connections to UBC and the local and international communities
The UBC Arts Co-op Program started as a pilot program for students in the Department of English. As a result of our growth and success in the past 10+ years, the program is thriving and includes students across all undergraduate disciplines within Arts (26 different undergraduate programs in the Social Sciences, Humanities, and Creative and Performing Arts) and graduate programs in the School of Library, Archival and Information Studies.