Whether you’re a fresh grad or a professional looking for a change, you may find yourself pondering your career direction and asking, “What’s next?”
We created this Graduation Resource Guide to help you discover answers to questions you may have around work and career issues. We want to encourage you to think about what you want for your next job, as well as the career you are creating in the process.
This guide contains information, exercises and resources to help solidify your knowledge about:
- The kinds of work you enjoy and want in the future
- The work contacts you have made through your co-op placements who you may want to reconnect with
- How to design and realize a fulfilling work future by leveraging self awareness and your network
The guide is by no means complete, but hopefully it will get you started on your next journey outside of Arts Co-op.
The Graduation Resource Guide is divided into 2 parts:
- Knowing Yourself & Getting Started on Your Job Search – Reflecting on your personality, attitudes, work interests, and values is the first step in shaping your career path. Then you can begin to tap into the hidden job market, where 80% of available jobs can be found.
- Resources & Tools – A listing of UBC resources for new grads, as well as professional associations and employment/volunteer websites