Light Up Your Brand: Discover and Build the Professional You
Light Up Your Brand is a full day conference that is specially designed to help you discover your strengths and start to build your professional persona.
Learn how to write effective job applications, including:
- Invaluable tips for writing effective resumes and cover letters
- How to market your skills and experiences to land an interview
- Strategies for managing your time during your academic terms as well as your work terms
One key highlight of this conference is the opportunity to network with some of our senior co-op students, co-op employers, and alumni. They are on hand to share their personal experiences and advise on what to do and what not to do when applying for jobs. It’s a unique chance meet your fellow co-op colleagues, gain insights from co-op alumni, and ask employers what they are looking for when they hire co-op students.
Agenda for November 19, 2016 Conference
|9:00 am||Opening Activity|
|9:30 am||Co-op Students Journey Through Their First Year|
|10:00 am||Decoding Job Descriptions|
|11:00 am||Employer Panel|
|12:30 pm||Networking and Lunch with Your Coordinator|
|2:00 pm||Group Application Review|
|3:15 pm||Student Panel|
|4:00 pm||Wrap Up|
Student, Alumni, and Employer Profiles
Click here to see which senior students, alumni, and employers will be attending the conference. You can use this list to plan out who you want to connect with during the networking lunch.
Click on the image above to see a map of the networking lunch space (PDF).
Past conferences has been a great success, with 94% of attendees praising the content as good or excellent and 91% saying the conference covered the topics well.
Here are what some of our students said about their experience at the conference:
- “This conference has definitely provided me with the necessary tips and tricks that I need in order to jump-start my co-op career!”
- “I came out with a better understanding of what I want from Co-op, and what employers want from me.”
- “The panel of employers provided excellent insight. The presenters were also very engaging and fun!”
- “I had no idea that cover letters were so important. One employer said that they carry 75% of the weight of your application. I’m going to completely re-evaluate the way I apply for jobs.”
- “The detailed information presented at this conference will be invaluable for me to prepare an effective application package.”
- “This was extremely useful for making me more aware of what I need to work on, but confident that I will be successful.”
- “This conference was not only engaging and informative, it also made me even more excited to go on a work term!”
- “This conference is a great stepping stone into my co-op experience.”