Graduate with more than a degree.
Explore your career options with Arts Co-op, while gaining paid, professional work experience and a network of contacts.
What can Arts Co-op do for you?
Success after graduation
- 90% of Canadian co-op grads receive job offers within 1 month after graduation
- Co-op grads earn 12% higher starting salaries than non-co-op grads
Lower student debt or no debt at all
- Average undergrad co-op earnings over 3 work terms = $27,000
- Total co-op fees over 3 work terms = $2,430
- Return on investment = $24,570
Job search skills
- Techniques for writing effective resumes and cover letters
- One-on-one interview preparation
Enriched classroom learning
- Discover how your degree applies in the workplace
What do alums say about their journeys in Arts Co-op?
“Doing a Co-op degree was the smartest choice I made at UBC!”
– Phil Casey, BA 2010, Geography & Visual Arts
“Co-op helped me to decide what I wanted to do with my career.”
– Jouel Tiu, BA 2002, English Literature & Commerce
“The Co-op program sets you apart from other graduates…head and shoulders above.”
– Simon Lai, BA 2006, Economics & International Relations
What types of work and employers can you expect?
Students work in a wide range of positions in the public, private, and non-profit sectors. See a list of potential jobs and employers here.
Applying to Arts Co-op
Intake is once each year in September. Click here for full details on eligibility and the application process.