Looking to hire a co-op student in a tech or tech-related role? The Innovator Skills Initiative provides up to $10,000 to help BC-based companies, start-ups and non-profits to hire young professionals from under-represented groups.
The program’s aim is to increase diversity in the tech sector and to help BC-based organizations grow and fill talent shortages.
March 11, 2022
- A maximum of one grant of up to $10,000 per candidate per company to supplement a new employee’s salary
- Up to 10 grants for 10 different employees per year
- Must be at minimum a 4-month period
- Must start no earlier than June 1, 2021 and end no later than July 15, 2022.
- Must have a start date no later than March 15, 2022.
- May be part-time or full-time
For full eligibility and applications details, visit the Innovate BC’s website.